Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring break!

What did I do for spring break? Well, Larry and I had gone on a college visit to Alvernia University in PA. We stayed from Sunday night until Monday evening. Our guide was this short guy who ran track that was no taller than Larry. He gave us a tour of the school and answered pretty much every question we had about college. It was a great experience. I met my future track teammates minus our freshman class, and sat in two college classes. We went to a marketing class and an English class. The marketing class we sat in is actually a required course I'll have to take when I get there so it was quite exciting for me as well as educational. They were talking about information that I was already familiar with. The English class put into perspective the amount of reading that a college student assigned which is a lot! Students there gave us a lot tips on how to stay on top of the work assigned. The main tip was knowing how to manage my time. In college you have a lot of free time and the key is to know what to do with that free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment